Saturday 1 January 2022

Truescale Chaos Space Marine

As this project was focused on the constructs of the Dark Mechanicum, I intentionally kept the presence of actual chaos space marines to a minimum (with only a handful operating the machines here and there).

However, while continuing to expand the force, I took a brief interest in truescale space marines, and decided to try creating one for myself.


Like a lot of the examples I saw, I mostly constructed this model from terminator parts, and reposed it to better suit the manoeuvrability of power armour: mid-step, raising his combi-melta with a combat blade drawn.

 

The helmet, backpack and blade were the majority of the remaining parts used to create the impression of power armour, and green stuff (or two-part epoxy putty) was used to increase the height of the torso and angle the arms. 


Like the tartaros terminator early in the project, I wanted this model resemble an Iron Warrior due to their stronger relation to the Dark Mechanicum. But when it came to painting, I decided to try more of a matte-scheme to contrast with the entirely metallic vehicles and fit in with the non-metallic garb of the cultists.


The presence of the cultists is also part of why I chose to create a truescale chaos space marine for the army. Since there are no other chaos space marines on-foot, he stands out from the rest of the infantry and appears more imposing while among the rabble.


I typically use the model as a lord, since it better suits his bulk and solitary status among the force, but leave him minimally upgraded to remain more comparable to a chosen or aspiring champion, rather than the leader of a warband.


No comments:

Post a Comment