Saturday 15 January 2022

Daemon-Powered Vindicator

Following the creation of the crewed defiler in my last post, I was left with the majority of the defiler's top-half spare. This was my chance to finally try an idea that I been thinking about for a while: a daemon-engine vindicator.


The model was inspired by the appearance of the Deimos pattern vindicator, with its raised, centrally-aligned demolisher cannon (hence why I was keen to use a defiler torso for this).

Although it was simple to replace the front panel of the rhino with the torso, there were a lot of gaps that needed filling in. My approach was to use pieces of sprue or other spare parts to start filling each gap, and then finish covering them with cloth scraps or mutated flesh (unfortunately not clear which) created from green stuff.

The last alteration I made was to replace the rhino's normal top hatch with a bastion escape hatch, which gives it some additional bulk to fit with the front-half. I think it would have also benefitted from some extra armour to thicken the plating on the sides, but on the whole it still achieves the overall effect I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment